• LondonR Group will meet 2010 October 05 6PM – 9PM
The Counting House, 50 Cornhill near Bank, London. See details at http://www.londonr.org/
• The HEC Finance and Statistics Conference will be held 2010 October 08 in Paris.
Details are at http://appli7.hec.fr/reunion/financeandstatistics2010/
• Patrick Burns is scheduled to talk on “Effective Backtesting” on 2010 November 02 at the Thalesians. Details will undoubtedly appear sometime at http://www.thalesians.com/
Abstract: Backtesting builds a bridge from the past to the future. These bridges are shaky and unstable. We’ll explore the ways they are likely to fall down. We’ll also show how random portfolios can strengthen the bridges.
• Finance with R, a two-day training class, will be held 2010 November 15-16 in London. Patrick Burns will be a guest lecturer. For details see:
• Performance Attribution Risk Management will be held 2010 November 24-25 in London. For details see: http://www.icbi-events.com/parm/
• Computational and Financial Econometrics will be held 2010 December 10-12 at the University of London, UK. More details at
• UseR! 2011 at University of Warwick, UK 2011 August 16-18. More information is at http://www.warwick.ac.uk/statsdept/useR-2011
I keep a (periodically up-to-date) list of upcoming events on the Finance page of the Burns Statistics website. These are events that I may or may not be involved with.